Generate a list from single cell input

trixdarabbit

Hello, ive been tryin to figure out how to do the next thing. I am creating a tool for my workers where there could be a single cell where they enter the amount they spend and in the next cell they select from a drop down list the type of expense (transport, food, hotel, airplane, etc...) click enter and then it resets and they could input a diferent value from a diferent drop down list and excell creating the list from the inputs, and with formulas i can calculate how much this person is spending in every type of expense. i know they could just do the list manually but i want this to be as much friendly posible, so my idea was a single cell for the amount spent next to the dropdown list cell and thats it. Any suggestions??

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hello, ive been tryin to figure out how to do the next thing. I am creating a tool for my workers where there could be a single cell where they enter the amount they spend and in the next cell they select from a drop down list the type of expense (transport, food, hotel, airplane, etc...) click enter and then it resets and they could input a diferent value from a diferent drop down list and excell creating the list from the inputs, and with formulas i can calculate how much this person is spending in every type of expense. i know they could just do the list manually but i want this to be as much friendly posible, so my idea was a single cell for the amount spent next to the dropdown list cell and thats it. Any suggestions?? Now I can read this

Upvote 0
There are probable a thousand ways to set up a financial sheet.
I use a UserForm with several text boxes for things like date amount spent a drop down list for category and a textbox for comments. All these values are then entered into the worksheet when I click the OK button.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back