getpivotdata formula issue that searches for text with an _

rory1111

I have an getpivotdata formula that works quiet well for multiple items but fails to return data for one item. The main difference between the item that fails to return a result and the others is that it contains an Underscore.

=IFERROR(ROUND(GETPIVOTDATA("Events",Changes!$C$503,"Last changed by",$C115,"Week",H$105),5),"")

Entry that fails is : User_One all the others are User2, User3 etc. I think the _ is causing an issue, I've searched this forum and others and also searched google and cant find anything about _ issues with Getpivotdata formula. Has anyone any ideas on bypassing this problem. As i said the formula works fins for all the other users.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Have you verified that C115 actually matches the text that is in the pivot table, using a simple = test?

Upvote 0
Have you verified that C115 actually matches the text that is in the pivot table, using a simple = test?

Hi Rory,

The data in C115 matches the text that is in the pivot. I wasn't able to use the = test? that you mentioned but i have checked the text and they are identical (no spaces, case sensitive etc)

Rory

Upvote 0
I meant a simple formula like:

=C115=A2

where A2 is the actual cell in the pivot table containing the user name.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back