Graph automatically updates with new weekly information and has dropdown list EXCEL 2003

huntmeister007

Hello,

I'm having some trouble making a dynamically updating chart in excel 2003. I'm fairly new to excel, but my boss wants me to make a graph that will update every week as we recieve more info into a certain file. Basically it's the alcohol drinking habits of the southern states, broken apart by state (columns) and type of drink (rows). The new data is added in columns to the right every week, so I have the oldest data in columns J to P, the following week in Z to AF, the week after in AP to AV, and so on. I want my graph to have two drop downs- one that will select the state, and one that will select the type of booze, so I can look at the data as granularly as I would like. I have no experience with VBA and would like to do this as easy as possible- but I'm sure this will be a hassle. Can anyone help/direct me to help??

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!!!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back