Headers won't update in 2007 Excel workbook

Bean Dinner

I have a workbook created w Excel 2007, has about 50 sheets, half of which are charts based on the data in the other sheets. Every time I update the data, I need to change the sheet headers. The headers are all the same: "Quarterly Monitor Through month, day" All I need to do is change that month & day. It doesn't seem to matter whether I group the sheets and try to change them all at once, or do them individually, I always have to go through the process more than once. I double-click in the header area, select the text I want to change, type in the new text, and it looks fine. Then when I click in the grid area again, the change isn't there. It reverts back to the previous text. Usually if I do it again, it works, but not always. I generally have to go through every sheet individually to make sure the header is correct. Sometimes it looks correct, but when I print it out, the old header shows up again. This seems bizarre to me. Any suggestions???

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back