Help?? After I run a macro, cells with "macro-formulas/functions" show "#VALUE!" until I type something in a cell and hit enter

de_keda

Hi! I am a novice to excel macros, and my first time posting here, but have learned much over the last few months, in large part due to this site! Thanks for everyone's help.

On the workbook I'm working on now, I have several macros that need to be run throughout the day to import new data into the workbook. Lots of the data comes with conditional color formatting, and I imported the "modColorFunctions" module from Chip Pearson to identify and count cells with conditional color formatting. Then I used a formula in specific cells to call the function and identify/count those cells.

Everything works great, until I run another macro to import more data. The cells with the formula to call the function and count the conditionally colored cells show a value of "#VALUE!". BUT when I type anything into ANY cell in the workbook and hit enter, the function cells then calculate everything correctly.

I'm building this workbook for a large group and don't want them to have to have a "work-around" every time they import new data. Any idea how to make excel run these functions automatically?

The "function-cells" have the following formula, where "Countcolor" is the function:
=IF(C20<>"",(Countcolor($J25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AF25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AF25,6,FALSE)+Countcolor($AI25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AK25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AL25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AE25,3,FALSE)+Countcolor($AE25,6,FALSE)+Countcolor($AR25,3,FALSE)),"")

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Found the answer:
I just tacked on "Application.Calculate" at the end of the VBA macro that was causing the problem, and it worked. :)

I also found the following:
<code>'recalculate all open workbooks
Application.Calculate

'recalculate a specific worksheet
Worksheet(1).Calculate

' recalculate a specific range
Worksheet(1).Columns(1).Calculate

'recalculate everything
<code>Application.CalculateFull</code></code>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back