Help on an array formula or other solution - non VBA

philwojo

Hello, I am looking for assistance on why this array formula isn't working as I expect, I am new to using array's. I have drop down selections i K37:k43, they can be one of the following:

- Select One
- N/A

Here is the formula I have:
Code:
{=IFERROR(IF((IF((K37:K43)=1,1,0))/(IF(ISNUMBER(K37:K43),1,0))=1,"Pass","Fail"),"N/A")}

The way it is working now if I put a 1 into K37 it gives me "PASS", if I put a 0 it gives me "FAIL", regardless of what the other cells contain. If I put in Select One or N/A in K37 then I get "N/A" back.

What I want this formula to do is to say that if all of the values from K37:K43 are a 1, return "PASS". If any of them are a 0 (Zero) return "Fail", if any of them contain "Select One" or "N/A" in them, then give me "N/A" back.

What do I have to do to fix my code. I am trying to adapt someone else code but I'm just not grasping what is going on with it right now, again new to arrays.

Thanks,
Phil

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Maybe...

=IF(COUNTIF(K37:K43,0),"Fail",IF(SUM(COUNTIF(K37:K43,{"Select One";"N/A"})),"N/A","Pass"))

M.

Upvote 0
Thanks Marcelo, I think this is working how I expect, I have to do a bit more testing, and I also have to understand how other people expect a few things to work based on possible combinations. But I appreciate the assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back