Help with a formula that would update column information

kimparker0261

In my spread sheet
In cell I10, I need a formula that would input the date out of cell ,Input!G10 if the data is greater than zero and if it is less then zero then delete the row all together..
form.

This is the formula that I have currently
=IF(Input!G10>0,Input!I10,"")

However I need this formula to be able to delete the row if the argument is true that the column is greater than 0.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
You can post a sample
  1. Posting Aids
  2. You cannot attach or upload actual files as samples.
  3. However, you can post small Excel screen shots using MrExcel HTML Maker (updated 2017) (Win), Forum Tools Add-In (updated 2017) by RoryA (Win & Mac), Excel jeanie by Peter Haserodt (Win) or Borders-Copy-Paste (Either). There is a little more help about some of these methods in this Attachments Sticky. Test the methods in the Test Here forum before use in a main forum for the first time.
  4. If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this
    Code:
    Paste code here
    - or use the VBHTML Maker
  5. There is a Test Here forum on this board where you can test these posting aids before using them in your actual questions.

1. N.B. With any of the Add-Ins with recent versions of Windows, you may need to "unblock" the file. In Windows Explorer, find the file, right-click, Properties, General tab, tick the 'Unblock' box down near the bottom ..​

Or you can manually make a table on the forum with your sample data.

Upvote 0
From the look of your two sheets (Input and Output), they're almost identical, so why bother having both?
Why not just use some VBA to delete (perhaps after alerting the user who inputs the value) any row that has a qty in column G that is less than zero (i.e. anything EXCEPT a blank or a number > 0)?

If the above is not acceptable, how are you getting the data entered on Input replicated on Output for rows where G?? > 0 (this could be fully automated)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingiloum

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back