southcity

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,
I really need help solving this, it would save me tons of hours.
I will explain what I need to do.

I have about 400 txt files that look like this: I did some notes with red text:
1704131222391.png

And I have to format this data so that it looks like this:
1704132127690.png

Like I said I have 400 text files which I need to get the TOTAL number only. So i only need to know the TOTAL number cell.
Can anybody help me to automate these steps? Or maybe you have another solution?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Do you have a couple of text files that can be shared? If so, sharing can be done by posting on any common sharing site (e.g., Dropbox, Box, Drive, etc.) and then share the link. If necessary, overwrite any sensitive information with something meaningless, but preserve the same spacing, structure, and character type (i.e., replace text with text and numbers with numbers). Is the one-page image posted representative of a single file, or are there multiple pages per file? Is the structure of every file the same? Put differently, if we looked at the 4th row of every file, would it begin with "Datum:"? And would the end of the data block of interest have an empty row below it?...and there are no other empty rows between those two potential demarcation locations?

Upvote 0
If your files have a consistent delimiter and layout, the simplest way to approach this would probably be to get your text files into power query, and just group by your needed values column by the hour of day column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back