rakso

Hello!

Ive encountered a problem i have no idea how to solve. Ill write whole story:

We had a practical assignment with water pumps. We took the power consumed by pumps like 240W for example and measured the height of hose 1-7 meters. So the power consumption changes when the hose gets higher. I figured that this would be nicely expressed in a stacked bar chart, one bar for height the another for power. But since the value gap is so big i had to move one of the data to secondary Y axis. When i did that the bars that are higher overlapped the smaller ones and i cant see them. They are all behind the large ones. and the chart is useless. Scatter shows what i want to show but those 2 noodles on my chart look gross.
Does someone know how could I set up my stacked bar chart so that lower values would be seen in front of bigger ones?

Thankyou1

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
try to position them next to one another.
The way to do it is maybe to insert two other series of empty data - (one as second for the primary axis, the other first for the secondary axis). Then adjust the distances between them so that the two real bars do not overlap.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back