help with the hyperlink formula

Jager819

Hey everyone,

I am trying to create a workbook where several cells on a sheet have hyperlinks to another cell in a different cell. For example I have a table with various projects in column A (currently 10 different projects), column B contains an estimated date of completion , column C contains an adjusted date, E:BD is representative on each of the 52 workweeks, and in Column D I am using the auto sum function to show the total days we are ahead of or behind schedule. In column C am using, =[@[Date of Completion]]+SUM(E3:BD3), then all I have to do is input a number in one of the cells representing a workweek to adjust the date of completion if we experience delay or are ahead of schedule. My customer would like this sheet to be an overview then have each cell that represents a workweek and link to a cell in a second sheet that contains a detailed description of the progress made that week. The second sheet contains the project name in column A and the workweeks in column range B:BA. Does anyone know of a way to quickly create the hyperlinks? I tried using the following formula =HYPERLINK("#Comments!B3", "0"). This presented several different problems; First, I lose the ability to enter a number in the cell without editing the formula, it also renders the other formulas useless, and finally, it will not automatically change the formula, so it is still relevant when copied to adjacent cells.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back