Hide/unhide columns macro

jkopedia

I am working on an analysis spreadsheet which allows for multiple properties to be analysed or for a single property to be analysed and as part of this I have several areas where there is the option to open up additional columns for properties if needed by the user. I have a macro to unhide these columns in order from property 1 to 10, however I am looking for a macro that will allow me to hide these columns from property 10 to 1 (reverse order), but can't seem to get it right. If I reverse my unhide macro it will hide them from 1 to 10, not 10 to 1 so I'm a little stumped how to get the format I want.

Can anyone help with this? My unhide macro is below if of any use for context; Essentially, this one is unhiding the columns from L to FE, but I would like the hide function to go from FE to L
Set HiddenRange = Range("L6:FE74")
For i = 5 To 1 Step -1
For Each c In HiddenRange
If c.EntireColumn.Hidden = True Then
c.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Exit For
End If
Next c
Next
End Sub

Fluff; amazing, that's the ticket. Thanks for your suggestions.

Also, thanks for everyone else's suggestions as well. All your help is very much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Fluff; that's the ticket! Works like a charm. Thanks for your help on this one.

Thanks to everyone else as well who helped with suggestions; very much appreciated!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
You're welcome.

While I have you, if I have the same parameters, but instead I am hiding sets of rows starting with the set closest to the bottom of the spreadsheet (say a range of rows from 5-200) is there a similar entry that could let me close the sets of 5 rows from bottom set to top set? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Try
Code:
Sub jkopedia2()
   With Range("A5:A200").SpecialCells(xlVisible)
      .Offset(.Rows.Count - 5).Resize(5).EntireRow.Hidden = True
   End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
You're welcome, I think my doubts helped you explain more clearly what you needed.;)

Upvote 0
DanteAmor; definitely assist points with helping me get out what I wanted to say!

Fluff and DanteAmor (and anyone else who may be out there), I have one more challenge I just noted in editing my s/sheet; For the add and remove codes, how do I make the cell references relative in the macro? Is this possible? In some circumstances I may have users that add or subtract cells which will impact the target cells for the hide/unhide macro's. Is there a solution to this you may know? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Do you still want to hide/unhide 5 columns/rows at a time, but with different starting points?

Upvote 0
In that case how do we determine the starting point?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back