Hiding Tabs - again

coake

Hey Folks,
I've read a ton of posts on this subject and tried a few of the solutions provided, but I couldn't get them to work in my Excel 365 spreadsheet.
I am trying to accomplish hiding subsequent tabs based on a cell value of another tab. I believe I must create all the maximum number of tabs possible and hide those that are not required? Maybe I'm going about this backwards.

Sheet 1 contains top level tasks. The user can enter 1 to 30 separate tasks, (column A6:A35). The user enters starting at row 6, then 7, then 8 etc. User will never enter row 6 then skip to row 12.

Each of those 1-30 tasks then has it's own sheet(tab). So far a maximum tab count of 31 if they enter all 30 tasks. If the user only enters 4 of the possible 30 tasks on sheet 1, I only want to display a total of 5 tabs, and hide the tabs that are not needed.
To complicate it further, each of the 4 entered tasks has it own task list of up to 50 tasks and the same thing, if they only enter 43 tasks, I only want to show the 43 tabs and hide the other 7 not including already showing the 4 of 30 tabs

Maybe this could be better described as drill down, or a drill up, I don't know anymore :eek:. Each level drilled down to, gets potentially larger.
To reverse engineer it, I have 5 to 1000 tasks which roll up into 1 to 50 tasks which roll up to 1 to 30 tasks which are listed on tab 1. How do i only display tabs that need to be shown because the task it comes from has data.

Have you guys got an ideas?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I've never actually tried to make a workbook with 1000 worksheets...but I would guess this will be problematic. I see the Microsoft spec says no limit / worksheets are limited to available memory.....

I think you would want to rethink your process...perhaps 1000 sheets are not needed? I would concentrate on simplifying your process. Why do you need a worksheet for each task? Can they not be contained on a single sheet? Could a user not filter on the specific task they need to access? Could you not group different types of tasks together?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back