Holiday spreadsheet

tammysula

Hi All

I am hoping you can help me.
I have to produce a holiday calender/sick calender for staff of 28.

They can book half day am, halfday pm, full day, and there is sick am, sick pm, sick full day.

so against each date i will enter HAM or HPM or HFD, same with the sick row SAM, SPM, SFD.

I have set up auto conditional formating so that when either of the words entered below is added it colours the box.

the next step I can not seem to figure out.

in the total column i need it to:

each person is a row. the row of cells C7:AG7. if it has HAM or HPM in it, i need it to assign these words the value of 0.5 (half day), i also need it to HFD assign a value of 1, and then add them together to give me total number of days used in the month.

can this be done??

Been trying for a week now qand at my wits end because nothing works.

PS I am a novice with excel.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
in the total column i need it to:

each person is a row. the row of cells C7:AG7. if it has HAM or HPM in it, i need it to assign these words the value of 0.5 (half day), i also need it to HFD assign a value of 1, and then add them together to give me total number of days used in the month.

Hi, welcome to the forum! You can try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(C7:AG7,{"HAM","HPM","HFD"}),{0.5,0.5,1})

Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to the forum! You can try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(C7:AG7,{"HAM","HPM","HFD"}),{0.5,0.5,1})

Can I say I love you!!!! Omg it worked. I can sleep tonight.

so I have set it all up. And then we have a new starter. I need to insert his row. But I have a total page that's already linked to the monthly sheets.

If if I insert a row will it throw everything off on the total page. Can I somehow freeze the or something so if it all moves down. Not sure if this makes any sense at all.

Upvote 0
Hi

Update spreadsheet is up and running, thank you so much.

next question. On the first page i have all the staff listed, 28 of them, on the next 12 sheets (months) i have all the staff listed in the same order.

is there a way I can click on the name on the front sheet, and it will somehow give me the a "filter" for that person on the next 12 sheets, so I can just click from a drop down and it will take me to that person on that sheet, or am I exppecting miracles!!

Tammy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tanne

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back