How to create a Word report using Excel?

MB1984

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There,

I am fairly new to this but I am trying to make a report in Word, I have a template that I am working from but I can't seem to find what I need online.

Basically I want to be able to type details in excel such as company name, address, products, specific products used. I have started this and for the cells that I have entered these into I have named the cells, there are a few cells with drop down menu's (I don't know if this would affect anything adversely)

What I would like to do is.... have it so that in word there are specific placeholders for these details that match the cell names in Excel. I want the entries in Excel to then go into those placeholders in Word which will populate a report template with the details needed.

I have seen this done before but I am not sure how to go about it. Ideally I would like to edit the details needed in the sheet based on the client and then once this is entered into the excel sheet generate a word document(or would I need to specify a document for it to populate?).

I am also wanting to have a few selectable paragraphs to import (can this be done? via tickbox to select which is to be imported?)

I know there are a lot of questions but any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back