How to create new measure that calculates occupancy per month between two date columns?

GrapeApe561

Hello experts of Power BI,
I have a table that has three columns, one is the name of the person, one is the date they entered and the last column is the date they left. I am trying to create a new table or measure on Power BI that calculates the occupancy for each patient per month. For example, my original table looks something like this:
http://www.screencast.com/t/s5iugCYKqQ8n

The table or measure I am trying to create would look something like this: http://www.screencast.com/t/tGNGibLh145

Can someone please help me figure out how I can accomplish this? I have been researching and trying different things on Power BI to do this, but I am lost. I would highly appreciate if anybody can help me figure it out, I will compensate with coffee via PM to anyone who can guide me to the right way. Thank you!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samanthad2007

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...