how to Merge specific files from list .xlsx OR .csv or what ever the extension is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer7sun

1: I have two folders in desktop named "Today" and "Destination" path is (C:\Users\Work\Desktop\Today) and (C:\Users\Work\Desktop\Destination
2: both the Folders have multiple files with same name eg : Apple.xlsx OR Apple.csv , mango.xlsx OR mango.csv , Sheet names are same as file name. eg: sheet name for apple.xlsx is apple
3: files have data from a to z column and may expand to aa or zz
4: I have another file name Master and it has a sheet name as Master, It has a list of file names starting a7 eg a7 has Apple , a8 has Mango

I want a macro to merge or copy paste the values from the today folder to destination folder eg Apple.xlsx to Apple.xlsx and Mango.xlsx to Mango.xlsx ( Destination and the today folder files have headers so while pasting or merge just want the values added without the header
Also want the code to end the macro if the cell is "" in Master sheet List Range) Files in today folder has latest data which i want to merge to destination folder files, want the macro to work on only specific files that is from the list, names in list dont have the extension added ..... Please help

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back