How to run reports based on mutiple criteria met? Index match?

YUSATrain

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I very much appreciate it.

This has been a rather constant headache for a few weeks. I am attempting to create a training tracker in which reports can be ran based on multiple criteria. Currently, it is setup with VLOOKUP formulas and a drop-down menu to pull the data to helper cells, then charts which are directed to that data to automatically populate based on which training is selected in the menu.

However, what I need to it to, is to be able to run reports based on multiple criteria. Say, Training Topic, Department and Hire Date. Ideally, it would only pull the data from the "Training Data" tab that matched all 3 of those criteria, this limiting the graph to only training completed on this topic, on this day, with this department.

I have looked into index-match formulas, but it appears that those are not going to work as it pulls one piece of data based on multiple criteria. (i.e First Name, Last Name and DOB returns the salary of that individual) I need it to pull all data in the list that matches the criteria in such a way that the graph can utilize it. Is this simply outside of the capabilities of excel? I've already succumbed to the fact that I'm probably going to have to completely rework this sheet one way or another so any insight into the issue or solution would be much appreciated.

Here is the excel sheet if you would like to see what I am talking about. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MtCGXq3IRDAiA5UiRu0bqFdb6kwKKJy/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Chance

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back