I need a blank cell!

spearleyez

Hi everyone,

I hope that my question comes across properly.

I have three cells, one cell has a date the next cell a number (for an amount of days, like 5) and the final cell has the formula. When a date is entered into the first cell, the formulated cell adds the number to the date. So say 2/10/10 + 5 = 2/15/10.

It all works fine, however when there is no date entered into the first cell, the formulated cell auto populates a date like 1/1/1900. I want the formulated cell to show as blank until a date is entered into the first cell. Is there a way to keep the formula but show a blank until infomation is added to calculate?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Welcome to the board..

Try
A1 = Date
B1 = # of Days to Add
=IF(A1,A1+B1,"")

Upvote 0
Thanks Jonmo1. I think I should paste my formula so that it may be easier to understand what I am doing.

=WORKDAY(C12,D12,$K$5:$K$11)

So where would I put the "IF" statement?

Upvote 0
THANK YOU!!! I don't know the logic of why that formula works (because I can only do simple formulas) but it works!!! You're the best, thanks for being so quick about answering my post.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help?! I have a date column in column C I then have a column for a date 2 weeks later in F and in G 6 weeks later, I want F & G to appear blank until a date is inserted into C, I then want F to calculate 2 weeks and G to calculate 6 weeks. I have tried to figure it from reading the previous posts but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back