Identify sub-Range within Range depending on Input cell using VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, ADDRESS

rocketscientist165

I have problems with the VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX and ADDRESS commands. I was hoping I could use these instead of a macro.

This is what I want to do:

I have 5 criteria with weights and assigned points. With this I get a result for the given alternative (sumproduct). Now my task is to show what would happen if I changed the weights of the criteria. So I have a column (B) with values from 0% to 50% in columns D,E,F,G and H I have the updated end-result for the new weight. To graph my sensitivity analysis (similar to box plot graph) I need the MIN and MAX values of the range from the original weight +/- 10%.

Let's say the weight of "crit_1" is 27% and the end-result would be 59 points. The Cell with 27% in column B is in Cell "B37", the result in "D37". Now I need the MIN and MAX of Range ("D27:D47"). Manually this works fine. But I can't figure out how to automatically update the range in the MIN/MAX formula if the weight of "crit_1" changes to 5% or other values.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
forgot to mention that the data with the weights and points are given at the top of the worksheet.
and as I said I tried using VLOOKUP to find the weight from the data table in column B and then give me the point value of column D. This works, but doesn't help me with my problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back