if cell has a number calculate formula

Thomas Martin

can anyone help me with formula?

if cell range I6:I1000 has a 2 in it the calculate =AGGREGATE(16,7,$AL$6:$AL$1001,0.9)

I appreciate everyone patience with me;
I have rows of times that I am calculating the 90th percentile with the formula =AGGREGATE(16,7,$AL$7:$AL$1000,0.9) and it works properly by its self
what I am looking to do is it only calculate the formula "=AGGREGATE(16,7,$AL$7:$AL$1000,0.9)" with rows that has a 2 in column I
and post the result in a cell I choose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Where - in what cell - you want to put this formula?

Explain exactly what you need. You want to put formula in one cell then drag down?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
INGOLF I did get it to work as you have it written if I enter 2 in cell I7 but I want it to also calculate I7 to I1000
I tried by adding in =IF($I7:$I1000=2,AGGREGATE(16,7,$AL$7:$AL$1000,0.9),"") but that can back with a blank result...

Upvote 0
Where - in what cell - you want to put this formula?

Explain exactly what you need. You want to put formula in one cell then drag down?

Try to explain better....

In a sheet put 10 numbers (and number 2 also) and write what answer do you want ...in a cell or drag down formula?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ingolf,

I think this is the key piece you missed:
what I am looking to do is it only calculate the formula "=AGGREGATE(16,7,$AL$7:$AL$1000,0.9)" with rows that has a 2 in column I
It sounds to me that within the Aggregate function calculation, they only want to include rows where column I is equal to 2.
I really do not have any experience using the AGGREGATE function, so I kind of bowed out.

I agree that it may be clearer if they could post a small example (I asked for that too back in post 10).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in this block of cells I want all rows that has a 2 in column B to be calculated with AGGREGATE(16,7,$C$3:$C$10,0.9),"")
and post the results in cell A2

I just want the "2" to be the trigger, if there is a 1000 rows only include the row with the "2" in the calculation

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand....
If you need help, help as to help you.
Put that example in a file and write also the answer you want....where you want...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back