If Statement Problem?

tonii4516

Hello,

I am trying to make this problem as easy as possible. I am trying to get the values for MCA(Maximum Circuit Ampacity) and MCOP(Maximum over current protection), this values depend on the info ask for; fan HP, electric heat(7.5kW or 15 kW) , voltage and phase. I set up a data validation list for all of this and once a user input this info the MCA and MCOP can be determine. I was thinking about using an IF statement but it seems a bit long, if I do need an IF statement what would be the correct way to implement it or is there other way to do this easier.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e6H9mcK6QdHaYTFtMQwTOjQ4xturAFqjoZLXl-xp54o

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qWZE4ogzWz42RMwnSq9zHmxyuRKhY1LN

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
HI,
Are you using VBA? Or does it need to be in the worksheet as a formular?
If it can be done in VBA then a UDF with a Select Case structure would be easy to understand and to update if more calculations are required.. but do you have an understanding of UDF's ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi well I am not sure where you are at with VBA or UDF's..
There are a few good sites where it shows the use of VBA .. you can start of with youtube there are a few good ones or http://www.wiseowl.co.uk there are heaps of good videos to get you started.
A UDF is a function you create to do some kind of calculations and return a value.
Simple said a function you use in excel worksheet is a UDF but was writen from some smart programmers. A UDF can do some calculations for your specific needs and you could use it then either in a worksheet
same as a worksheet function like Sum, or any other worksheet functions in excel.
If you always need to perform the same calculations it is worth gettin into it it is very powerful and save you time and mistakes.

But cut long story short start looking at some vidoes on the net or look here in the forum and you will find there are many codes in here which are UDF's .)
Or ask I try to explain once you give me concrete question .)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back