IF Statements for Dates with VLOOKUP and Concatenate

ssmith3156

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am still a newbie to most Excel functions. I have created a workbook with IF Statements, VLOOKUPs, Concatenates, and VBA Codes. However, due to an annual rate increase, I need to create a complex IF Statement for just this month and I can't quite wrap my head around how to do it. Currently the IF Statement seen below is in the Rate column and it is Looking up the Concatenate column, then pulling data from the ClassRate table in the Cost Type Summary sheet (1st table in second screenshot). I need it to continue pulling data from that table IF the date in the Date column on the first sheet is before 06/01/2023. If it is 06/01/2023 or later, I need it to pull the data from the ClassRateNew table (2nd table in second screenshot). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1686776669823.png

1686776797291.png

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Two options for you to consider:
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(your_lookup_value,'COST TYPE SUMMARY'!$G$3:$K$106,IF(your_date_value<DATE(2023,6,1),2,5),FALSE),"0.00")
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(your_lookup_value,CHOOSE(IF(your_date_value<DATE(2023,6,1),1,2),'COST TYPE SUMMARY'!$G$3:$H$106,'COST TYPE SUMMARY'!$J$3:$K$106),2,FALSE),"0.00")

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back