FredMcStaire

I have several formulas that I use in data validation or other instances where the entire formula is not visible in one glance. If I want to update the formula, I need to navigate through it. ( no problems so far). The inconvenience arises when I try to navigate around with the arrow keys to a precise location in the formula. This often inadvertently results in a reference change.

Any advice on how to either 1) stop the arrows from making reference changes, or 2)making the data validation box bigger would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
the data validation box at lease for a dropdown list is driven by the cell size. as for the arrow keys, go to the cell that has your formula, hit F2 to 'open/enter the formula. then you can hit the END or HOME keys to move to the front and back of a long formula and from there you should be able to use the arrow keys without any reference changes.

HTH

~DR

if that does not work. put a . in front of the = and it will not be looked at as a formula until you are done making changes then you can actually copy and paste without cell reference changes until you remove the .

Upvote 0
Thank you Drrellik. Good workable suggestions. Sometimes it's those simple things in front of my face that elude me. ( and the hard ones that hide - they elude me too)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back