Index, Match Formula HELP!!!

illarmy

Hello,

I am trying to modify a formula that I have working, but I need it to pull duplicate values for the same return value that is found. I have looked at other posts on this forum similar to my question, but it seems all them are not as complex as mine. I've seen some index/match formulas utilize countif, small, or offset, but I am unfamiliar with these and I'm not sure if they could even be useful in my scenario.

My Formula:

=IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT(Array_1),MATCH(B$9,INDIRECT(Array_2),0),1),IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT(Array_1),MATCH($B$9,INDIRECT(Array_3),0),1),IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT(Array_1),MATCH(B$9,INDIRECT(Array_4),0),1),IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT(Array_1),MATCH(B$9,INDIRECT(Array_5),0),1),"Not Found"))))

B9 IS THE VENDOR THAT'S ON THE VENDOR TAB (If the vendor is Bob's Burgers it would be found in one of the arrays listed below)

Array_1January!$B$22:$S$200
Array_2January!$K$22:$K$200
Array_3January!$N$22:$N$200
Array_4January!$Q$22:$Q$200
Array_5January!$T$22:$T$200

<tbody>
</tbody>

These arrays are looking at columns where the vendor names are placed.

The purpose of this formula is I am having it search through each of the array name boxes I've labeled to different columns to return a text value. The problem is it's returning the first one it comes across and there could be a scenario where there could be more than one value to return on a separate line.

So i have these Array_1 thru Array_5 pulling from a master date that when it changes to any month the formula updates to pull from a different tab labeled one of the months. For Example, if I want it to show May it would show: May!$B$22:$S$200.

For more detail, this is an invoice and I have services listed on this invoice. From there, there are vendors who receive a portion of the services billed (like a split). For example, I bill $3.00 for one service and x gets $1.00 and y gets $2.00 for every unit billed. In this scenario I could have a lot of x's and y's, but will not know until I bill the client for that month. I am trying to play out every scenario here. All services will be unique, but the vendors could be getting a split on multiple services billed.

To give more background of how the invoice is set up,

Service/ProductRateUnitsTotalSplitVendorRateSplitVendorRateSplitVendorRateSplitVendorRate
Product1$650$300$150x$3$150y$3
Adjustments
Product2$1050$550$110x$2$220y$4$165z$3$55aa$1
Adjustments5

<tbody>
</tbody>

So this all starts in B22, all invoices start there. So in this scenario vendor x is getting $5 total, my formula would only bring in the $3 line item and return Product1, I need it to also return Product2 as well. I have to do this for the rate and units as well, but I figure once I solve this I can copy the formula to adjust for the rate & units that I need to return as well. This formula is also pasted on a separate tab with that vendors name and this is where the formula will be kept.

So the reason I've split out the table horizontally, is since a service could be split multiple ways and my formula wouldn't be able to return the service/product as it would not correspond to the right row.

If I need more detail about this or if my instructions/explanation is unclear please let me know as I haven't been able to figure this one out. I apologize for the lengthy explanation but I've made the sheet so intertwined I feel if I don't give enough insight it may to difficult to interpret.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back