Index & Match Query

gmazza76

Good afternoon,

I am trying to complete an index & match query to return a title from column "H" based on the following criteria

M20 - Book type (hardback or Paperback)
M21 - cost to me
N21 - cost to customer

M20 And column "H" are set as text values and M21 & N21 are as numbers

Both are done as nested formulas with Ctrl+shift+ enter

With the formulas below I get a #REF ! issue

Code:
=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(M21,H:H,0),MATCH(N21,I:I,0),MATCH(M20,A:A,0))
with the below I get a #VALUE error
Code:
{=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(M21,H:H)*(N21,I:I)*(M20,A:A),0)}
thanks in advance
Gavin

Last edited:

tyija1995

Hey,

Try:
=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(1,(M21=H:H)*(N21=I:I)*(M20=A:A),0))

CSE

gmazza76

Hey,

Try:
=INDEX(C:C,MATCH(1,(M21=H:H)*(N21=I:I)*(M20=A:A),0))

CSE
THANKS, I believe I missed the "1" out but what does this specify in the formula.

Also do you know how I can get the formula to work in multiple rows instead of F2 it and doing ctrl+shift+enter

tyija1995

THANKS, I believe I missed the "1" out but what does this specify in the formula.

Also do you know how I can get the formula to work in multiple rows instead of F2 it and doing ctrl+shift+enter
The 1 is the value you are finding with the multiple conditions, so you are picking up the first instance where M21=H:H AND N21=I:I AND M20=A:A.

When you say to work in multiple rows, are you wanting the M20, M21 and N21 values to be FIXED, so when you drag formula down they stay as is? Or are they relative?

gmazza76

The 1 is the value you are finding with the multiple conditions, so you are picking up the first instance where M21=H:H AND N21=I:I AND M20=A:A.

When you say to work in multiple rows, are you wanting the M20, M21 and N21 values to be FIXED, so when you drag formula down they stay as is? Or are they relative?

Dragged down if possible, but also when I change the data in the fields that the calculation works from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PBE

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...