Indirect Lookup

CraigPrice

Hi,

I am currently building a Rota in excel in which each colleague has their own "holiday" sheet. If there is an entry on the users sheet (want to reference the sheet by the name in cell D5 for example) and if there is an entry on their sheet or within the date in cell G3 for example then it returns a value. Specified on the holiday sheet.

If the above returns no value then it would populate with their standard Rota pattern.

I'm struggling here and can't seem to get it to pick up when I'm trying to dynamically pick up the sheet name via the value in D5. If I manually specify the person's name to reference the sheet it works.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I can't get access to my formula at the moment as I'm on mobile but will provide asap, just hoping someone had come across something similar before.

The dates run for the year across row 3 from column G onwards. Names are from Column D row 5 onwards.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikijon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back