Insert Field Name for blanks in pivot table

twhit

I have a worksheet that keeps track of forms we use when we visit one of our clients. They are broken out by zip code with packets created for each zip code. I have a pivot table that breaks out the packets by which staff member has them, or if the packets have been created but are unassigned. If the cell is blank it means no packet has been created.

The issue is that no packet created shows up as (blank) in the pivot table row labels. I can manually type in "No Packet" into the pivot table, but it then makes that label a permanent part of the filter list, so the next time I refresh the pivot table the (blank) shows up again plus I have a choice in the filter of No Packet. I can't manually add the same label to the (blank) row because it already exists.

Is there a way to give blank cells the row label of No Packet in the pivot table without having to go through the data set and entering No Packet in each row?

Here is how the data shows up in the pivot table:
AIDE#packets turned in# packets out
John
Sal19461
Cheryl034
Unassigned096
(blank)015

<tbody>
</tbody>

While I can remember that (blank) means no packet has been created, the people who I share this table with can't. I'd rather not have to go in and put "No Packet" in the individual cells, but can't figure out a way to have Excel refer to the blank cells as "No Packet"

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
please try the following:
1)select the (blank) cell in pivot table;
2)right click your mouse;
3)format cells(maybe, my system language is chinese)
4)select the bottom one in Number caption;
5)in the textbox to the right side, type in ;;;"No Packet", and the click OK to close the dialogue box.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back