Inventory Scan In and Out

Demigamer

Apologies as I am new to the forums and am already coming in asking questions. With that being said, I looked around in an effort to find a scanning macro for Excel through VBA that met my needs. However, through searching I could not find something that had the functionality that I was looking for.

Currently I have an inventory list, and each item has a bar code associated with that item. Currently I can scan each bar code and an item is added to my "Signed Out" column. However, I would like the ability to be able to reverse this by scanning the same bar code. With the current macro I have this cannot be done. I was wondering if this was something that could be done with a single macro, or something that required a separate macro for removing an item from my list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Demigamer

P.S. Also, please let me know if a copy of the macro is needed, or if there might be something available already.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
It is very likely the case that you could reuse a lot of the same structure from the "Sign out" macro.

Do you have the code for that for us to see? (or at least a simplified version so we know the method you used)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PressEscape

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back