invoicing spreadsheet for complete newb

Mitsy234

Hi everyone
I am looking for a little help on a project i want to undertake
i want to use excel to set up a kind of database whereas if i have got a customer and i need to send him an invoice on a certain day of the month i get alerted so i can then generate an invoice to send the customer
or if not alerted some kind of search for the date when the customer paid his first invoice and the payments are due monthly

does this make sense

excel knows todays date so it finds due invoices for this date

thanks for any help on this

Andrew

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
What kind of alert are you looking for, something that pops up while you're working on other things, or just something in the spreadsheet that highlights the customers that need attention on this date?

'plash

Upvote 0
just something in the spreadsheet that highlights the customers that need attention on this date to get me started off with the project i have over 200 customers in mind so preferably it would be nice to have the invoice due customers by date show on a new worksheet to save scrolling down the page checking

Upvote 0
So, lots of ways you could do this. I'll assume you already have a list of your customers, and somewhere in that list is an invoice date for each one (like, column for customer name, column for date, columns for other info for each customer...)
Depending on what date information you have already in your list, you might want to add an additional Invoice_Day column, calculated from each customer's first invoice date perhaps using the =DAY() function, and use that column to filter your list.
You could use Conditional Formatting to highlight any customer who's bill date matched today's date, then sort by cell color (or whatever formatting you used) to bring those customers to the top of the list.
You could make a pivot table on another sheet that just lists the customer names as row headings and add a Slicer with Invoice_Day buttons that you could use to filter for whatever days you wanted to see.

'plash

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back