Is there a faster formula? Round / Sumproduct / sumifs / if

MixedUpExcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Without me posting a full working example of the sheet / workbook, can anyone point me in a direction of how to speed up this formula?

When I use this, it is across 16 columns x approx. 3,000 rows (this is variable but not by much)

It will effectively be doing 48,000 calculations x how ever many the actual calculations the formula does in one instance.

Formula:

Code:
=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Dashboard!$F:$F,Dashboard!$B:$B,Customers!$A3,Dashboard!$D:$D,IF(Customers!$C$1=DATA!$A$2:$A$6,DATA!$B$2:$B$6))),2)

The problem I have is that, although this formula works perfectly, it takes between 15 and 20 minutes to complete.

Any suggestions to speed this up would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Care to describe in words what the formula is trying to do?

Hi Special K99,

I just started to type out what the sheet does and then realized that I am just going to complicate matters further.

I have found a post which says that SumProducts should be used against a full column as it doesn't just calculate the cells you want, it does it against all cells in that column!!

I'm not sure if I can post links to other Forum's - but basically, it's suggested I use a dynamic named range and refer to that named range in the formula.

So basically the following code in a named range called 'sales':

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Dashboard[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]!$F$1:INDEX(Dashboard!$F:$F,COUNTA([/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Dashboard[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]!$F:$F))[/COLOR]

So my formula would now look like:

=ROUND(SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(sales,Dashboard!$B:$B,Customers!$A3,Dashboard!$D:$D,IF(Customers!$C$1=DATA!$A$2:$A$6,DATA!$B$2:$B$6))),2)

i will do this for all of the references to a complete column on the Dashboard Sheet.

Then I'm going to run it again and see if this speeds things up.

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Simon

Upvote 0
The sumproduct in this instance is only summing the result of 5 sumifs formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaRisso

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back