Is this possible: Give someone a VBA Macro Workbook but...they can run the script, but cannot view the VBA code?

pivotpp

Essentially have a VBA workbook where it allow the user I am giving it to to enter simple parameters like enter something in cell A1 and A2, press Enter and it will run my script and performance a task. But they are not able to go into the VBA editor or see my VBA code.

Is this possible? Any place I can learn more?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
you can put a password on the script module which partly achieves your goal, for most this is suitable, but won't stop those who really want to get in

Upvote 0
There are a few ways but it is against the forum rules to give any info on bypassing passwords or any other security :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah fair enough, and wasn't my intention to be clear.

Just wanted to know the difficulty of bypassing a password to get VBA source code

Upvote 0
Ah fair enough, and wasn't my intention to be clear.

Just wanted to know the difficulty of bypassing a password to get VBA source code

Depends on their knowledge, it is not something that the average Excel user would stumble across but for example there are plenty of experienced VBA users on this board who would know how to bypass the password.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back