Jumping screen problem.

Sarkonis

Hi Guys,

Been searching all over and not finding very little about this problem.

I have a spreadsheet I keep all my business data in, been using it quite a while. Suddenly it has developed a problem where each time I click on a different cell the screen jumps around and tries to center the new cell on my screen. Based on my research it has something to do with "snap to cell". I have no idea what this is, or where to find it.

How do I make this stop? It's driving me insane having to reset my horizontal/vertical position every time I enter a new cell!

Why did it suddenly start doing this?!

TIA!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I have no idea if this will work or not but I did a quick Google and this was returned. If it does not work you could always just re-check the box...

[h=2]How to disable Excel's "Snap to cell" scrolling[/h]
[FONT=&quot]To disable this feature:
Open: Control panel > System and security > System > Advanced system settings (in upper-left side) > Advanced tab > Settings in Performance box > Visual effects: > Untick "Animate controls and elements inside windows", and press ok.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I have no idea if this will work or not but I did a quick Google and this was returned. If it does not work you could always just re-check the box...

How to disable Excel's "Snap to cell" scrolling

To disable this feature:
Open: Control panel > System and security > System > Advanced system settings (in upper-left side) > Advanced tab > Settings in Performance box > Visual effects: > Untick "Animate controls and elements inside windows", and press ok.
Slow reply, had a busy week.
This works, unfortunately it also works for other programs where I want this feature enabled... This is a temporary fix for now.

Logit, this seems to be if you use excel for pictures or drafting, so you can use the grid to size and align objects. Thanks for the look though.

Upvote 0
It was a shot in the dark. I am glad you can get some temporary relief though. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
No no, thank you for the help. I thought I was going to have to rebuild hundreds of hours of work. This saves my sanity at the very least!

Upvote 0

How to disable Excel's "Snap to cell" scrolling

To disable this feature:

I currently have this feature unticked. Excel worked fine for a few days. Now, on it's own accord, it has started jumping around worse than before. It's unusable at this point. I have not changed any code or functions. All I have done since is manually input data line by line.

Mind of it's own I tell you.

:oops::oops::oops:

Upvote 0
I wish could help you but my Google searches are not going to return anything different than yours...

Good Luck! If you do figure it out, post it for future reference...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the check up igold. Always appreciated.

I've been going back through the spreadsheet to try to figure this out. I realized that some of the code in other sheets was being copied into this one when I copied the template. Had a total facepalm moment and realized that the VBA code is what is causing this. This is the code I'm using to transpose items to an upper line where it then calculates further based on the active line keeping some variables constant.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Row <= 3 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("A" & ActiveCell.Row).Resize(, 2).Copy Range("A3")
Range("C" & ActiveCell.Row).Resize(, 2).Copy
Range("C3").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Target.Select
Range("G" & ActiveCell.Row).Resize(, 3).Copy
Range("G3").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Target.Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Is there any way to keep this code working but rewrite it to prevent it from snapping the screen around?
Also, any idea why this code would work yet not cause the screen to jump around for a few months, and suddenly cause it to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Did you try turning off Screen Updating...

Code:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'Your Code

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back