Linking data from Excel to Word Question

michee55

Hi!

The company I work for recently decided to try and automate our reports. Most of our information is calculated in Excel sheets. I decided that linking the Excel data to the report in Word would be the best way! All of the Excel sheets and the Report templates are saved in the Dropbox so that the whole Team can access them and create reports. The only problem is, is the team cannot seem to get the Word document to refresh with the revised Excel data. When they open the report, it does prompt them to update all the links, but when they click yes update, nothing happens. I have tried it myself and it seems to work. I am not sure what they are doing wrong or if it is the way I linked everything. I linked everything by selecting paste special in the word document.

I have read numerous tutorials on how to link Excel to Word and have tried almost all of them, and still my team cannot get the report to update correctly. If there is a better tutorial out there that explains what I might be doing wrong in linking the data that would be great. Maybe it has to do with everyone having different versions of Office (I am not sure of this but just throwing it out there)? Let me know if it's because the files are in Dropbox.

Thanks!

-Michelle

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back