Linking from PowerPoint template to Excel tamplate

Croatic

Hello there,
first of all please do not judge my English because it is not my native language.

The following is my dilema:
I have a Excel template in which I insert data from Access. First i make a copy of my Excel tamplate and then insert the data in that copy of the template. The next step is to use the tables from within that Excel to populte my PowerPoint presentation.I also have a template for the PowerPoint file. The thing is depending on the data it can be more or less tables filled in Excel and the empty tables are not used at all.

I am thinking of 2 things. First to make a link beetween Excel tables and the tables in PowerPoint but how can I make the link to be altered because the Powerpoint data is pointing to the Excel tamplate and not the copied xls file of that same tamplate? and also i must then delete the not needed slides and tables from Powerpoint due to the fact that there are also empty tables in Excel.

The second idea is to dynamically populate the Powerpoint(which of course is also a copy of the powerpoint template) but then if the template is altered in the future i will have to adjust it in the VBA code.

So guys what would you think is better? Also which will be faster to implement and executed afterwords. Please take note that the final PowerPoint will be some 40 or 50 slides of tables so the system will probably run slow because the data is first copied from Access to Excel. Then some Math in Execle and finaly the Formated tables with some trafic light simboles should be copied to the PowerPoint and positioned.

I hope i managed to explain if not i will gladly do my best to explain in more detail.

thx guys

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back