superbeast326

Board Regular
I have a list of eight names.

Is there a formula where I can make the first name repeat from a1:a6, second a7:a12, so on and so forth.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
If I have a Name called 'Test' and that name refers to a range, then I would:

Invoke Data Validation
Choose List
And in Refers to enter: =Test

If Test has been scoped to a sheet (which is something you set when you insert a new name, the default is workbook) then it must be qualified:

In refers to enter: =SheetName!Test

Where SheetName is the sheet that it is scoped to.

Upvote 0
What I am saying is that, I have created two names with formulas that are used to return Text, this is determined by their positions. I want to have a data validation drop-down list to use the text that is going to be generated by the two formulas. I do not know how to Google the relevant resource to help me, your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I think you should be a little more patient and leave longer intervals before bumping. ;)

I'm afraid that if you want a DV list then those two names have to be placed in a range (.e.g Z1:Z2). You can only feed DV lists with range objects.

Upvote 0
I apologize, I saw that the thread was going to page 2, so I bumped as a response of panic. I get what your are saying. I have to put the first formula in the first column and the second formula in the second column, copy it down and DV from there, thank you very much, you are too kind. Once again, I apologize for bumping the thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bastbog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back