Looking for basic formula advice

mttmrrsn

I have to take report exports from Salesforce and calculate things like total sales, number of orders, etc... and I have basic sumifs & countifs formulas for most of the statistics (for date ranges, or product type etc..). My problem is that the raw data reports are structured differently depending on who provides the data. The good news is the column headers are always the same. I have some basic ideas; however, can someone give me advice on what's the best option for creating a more advanced formula, say sumifs, that scans the columns first and only pulls data from a specific header?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

mttmrrsn

Thanks, that was something I didn't consider. Index and Match are on my list of "need to learn". I've played around with them but really need to find some good tutorials.

Use INDEX() accompanied by the Match()

mttmrrsn

So then could I build a list of formulas on sheet 2 to sumifs sales by product and date as well as countifs number of projects by date that will scan sheet 1 and pull the information?

Basically I'm looking to build out a page of calculations on sheet 2 and set it up where I just insert the report as sheet1 and everything auto calculates.

Just trying to clarify before I go down the Index Match path.

Thanks again everyone.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bal016

This Week's Hot Topics