wilsonbramos

Hi,

I need some help. My table is structured similar to a calendar, for example, my column headers are the days from Sunday to Saturday, my row headers are the months from January to December, and the contents of my table are the days of the year from 1 to 365.

I need a formula such that when i lookup for a particular day of the year (example 3rd day or "3"), the formula would return the column header and/or the row header. In my example the formula should return "Monday" or "January". (Using 2011 calendar)

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Poste your worksheet and send us one link
So that staff can help you

Upvote 0
Hi,

I need some help. My table is structured similar to a calendar, for example, my column headers are the days from Sunday to Saturday, my row headers are the months from January to December, and the contents of my table are the days of the year from 1 to 365.

I need a formula such that when i lookup for a particular day of the year (example 3rd day or "3"), the formula would return the column header and/or the row header. In my example the formula should return "Monday" or "January". (Using 2011 calendar)

Thanks.
You don't need a lookup table to do this. You can just use the dates of the year.

Let's assume you enter a number in cell A1 from 1 to 366 (leap years!).

For the weekday...

=TEXT(DATE(2011,1,1)+A1-1,"dddd")

For the month...

=TEXT(DATE(2011,1,1)+A1-1,"mmmm")

Upvote 0
Hi

You don't need a big table to calculate that.
<table valign="middle" colspan="5" style="font-family: Calibri; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col width="28pt"><col width="60pt"><col width="87pt"><col width="60pt"><col width="75,75pt"></colgroup><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"><td colspan="5" align="middle">Worksheet 'Tabelle1'</td></tr><tr style="background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);"><td>
</td><td align="middle">A</td><td align="middle">B</td><td align="middle">C</td><td align="middle">D</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);" align="middle">1</td><td align="middle">Year</td><td align="middle">Day of the year</td><td align="middle">Month</td><td align="middle">Weekday</td></tr><tr><td style="background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);" align="middle">2</td><td align="middle">2011</td><td align="middle">3</td><td align="middle">January</td><td align="middle">Monday</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table valign="middle" colspan="3" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Calibri; font-size: 10px;" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(170, 238, 170);"><td>Cell</td><td>Format</td><td align="right">Value</td></tr><tr><td>C2</td><td>mmmm</td><td align="right">03.01.2011</td></tr><tr><td>D2</td><td>dddd</td><td align="right">03.01.2011</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table valign="middle" colspan="2" style="table-layout: auto; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Calibri; font-size: 10px;" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><colgroup><col width="40pt"><col></colgroup><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(238, 170, 170);"><td>Cell</td><td>Formula</td></tr><tr><td>C2</td><td>=EOMONTH(DATE(A2,1,0),0)+B2</td></tr><tr><td>D2</td><td>=C2</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 7pt;"><tbody><tr><td style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Created with Tab2HTML (v2.4.1). ©Gerd alias Bamberg</td></tr></tbody></table>

Upvote 0
Hi,

My table is not actually a "Calendar", I just used it for better illustration.
Do you have other solutions? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back