Macro Button Not Working Properly for Other Users

jbbenson1

Hi all,
I created a workbook to keep track of issues with my software which contains all of our tasks. I then created a separate spreadsheet in another workbook to keep track of everybody’s issues to get a feel for how much bandwidth they had. To do this, I created a table in their separate spreadsheets that referenced the tasks workbook. I also created a macro button to keep the files updated. This macro opens up the task workbook, activates the employee’s workbook, refreshes the table on the employees spreadsheet, activates the task workbook, then closes the task workbook.

Every time I use this button it works flawlessly, refreshing all of the employee data with the most up to date information from the task workbook. I uploaded the file to our sharepoint site and tested it there too, works great. However, whenever somebody else tries to use the refresh button, it goes through the whole process of opening the workbooks, refreshing (at least it looks like it), and closing the task workbooks. When the process is over, none of the information has changed.

I don’t have any security on the files, and they all have complete access on sharepoint too. I checked the code and everyone was a perfect copy of my original. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Can you post your code? If not can you ensure the location to the workbooks being opened are all on either network drives or sharepoint?

Upvote 0
Yes, they are both on the sharepoint site. The code for the macro button on the employee spreadsheet reads:

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"
http://filename.xlsm"
Windows("John Doe.xlsm").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll
Windows("Current Tickets 2.1.xlsm").Activate
ActiveWindow.Close
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back