Macro editing

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I'm running Excel 2016 on Windows 10 Pro. I have a workbook hat contains 8 worksheets with 17 Macros. I intend to make this workbook available to other Excel users who wish to track the data that my workbook will track. Each user will have the ability to have tracked items changed as well as the number of items being tracked. These changes will affect the Macros that I have written. I just printed out the entire VBA Project. It appears that I can paste the entire string of Macros into a word document. With that being the case, is it then possible for me to make the necessary changes to the original set of Macros and then store the edited Macros into the VBA Project to replace the original Macros in that workbook? Do I need to delete the existing Macros in the workbook first, or will the edited Macros overwrite the old ones? Do I need to use Import, or just paste the edited Macros into place? Since the Macros exist now in 4 different Modules, will the import/paste place the edited Macros in the appropriate Module?

Thank you for any help provided.
Danno...

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
You could create an add-in (save the file as an xlsm) and distribute that.

Upvote 0
Danno

What's changing in the code for the other users?

Upvote 0
Good day Norie, hank you for responding. Basically, the macros sort the data on 4 different worksheets. the date the macro was created/edited, the header/footer for the user, the cell group being sorted and the print screen parameters.
Thanks, Danno...

Upvote 0
Good day shg, thank you for responding. I don't know what the format xlam is, I will have to look at that.
Thanks, Danno...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back