macro help

bflan0524

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
ive never built a macro so was looking for some help or a resource somebody could point me to.
basically i have a dynamic page that changes based on the person picked on a control page. on this dynamic page there are many columns but two titled $ Change and % Change. i need a filter for this page where you can press the macro and it will sort the page for $ Change from highest to lowest, it could also do the same if you select the % Change column

you can't filter/sort the page currently because of all the formulas on it, it just never works and sorts properly

ty

You could replace the real names / acct #'s or whatever with false pseudo terms.

so good news and bad news haha. i fooled around to try and build my own, which is below. but how do you do it so all the columns associated with the record sort too. for example Column A row 1 is company called sisters of mercy, in column AN the value associated with it is (10). when i do the sort the column AN9 changes properly in ascending order, but now Sisters of Mercy shows say 700 in column AN as opposed to the (10). does that make sense

Sub SortDataWithHeader()
Range("AN9", Range("AN9").End(xlDown)).Sort Key1:=Range("AN9"), Order1:=xlDescending
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
You really need to post a copy of your workbook. It is very difficult if not impossible to troubleshoot
without it.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS_53

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back