Macro Needed To Move Specific Row To a Specific Worksheet Based On Criteria

CONFUSED_AS_USUAL

Board Regular
Hi,

I would like a macro that would:

1. Search for specific exact text in a specific column (often will be multiple matches).

2. If it encounters an exact match in that specific column, it will move the complete row to another specific worksheet (to be placed at the next available row that is not populated).

This is to cycle through until it encounters no more data.

Thanks.

Glad we now have it working for you. My line of code works on Excel 2013 but I guess not on 2007. Maybe you might want to upgrade your Excel. I always think it's funny how lots of people want the lastest and greatest Smart Phone but are still using Excel 2003 and 2007. I will probable upgrade to 2016 in another year I always like Excel to work out the bugs for a year before I upgrade. Take care and come back here to Mr. Excel next time you need help.
The line change did the trick. It now works like a charm. Thank you Peter. Also thanks to My Aswer Is This for all your effort.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Glad we now have it working for you. My line of code works on Excel 2013 but I guess not on 2007. Maybe you might want to upgrade your Excel. I always think it's funny how lots of people want the lastest and greatest Smart Phone but are still using Excel 2003 and 2007. I will probable upgrade to 2016 in another year I always like Excel to work out the bugs for a year before I upgrade. Take care and come back here to Mr. Excel next time you need help.

I personally have Excel 2016 at home (get it !!). Unfortunately, this is being run at work that is still using 2007.

Yes, I will be back ! Thanks again.

Upvote 0
The line change did the trick. It now works like a charm. Thank you Peter.
Glad I could help resolve that issue for you.
FWIW, the .EntireRow part of that line was never needed since the code line it was in was qualified by With Worksheets(One).Rows("1:" & Lastrow) so it was already dealing with entire rows.
Never-the-less the line as written should have worked - it is a bug in at least some builds of Excel 2007.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana abanyin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back