Macro to convert Text files into Excel file

Kazdima

Board Regular
Hello,

I would appreciate aveone's help to write for me a Macro to Convert a Text file into Excel file.
I will send a Text file and an example of an Excel format file to those who can help me.

Thank you,

Dan

Re: Macro to convert Text file into Excel file

I was referring to the Text file you are converting. Is it named the same thing every time?
If not, we can have the Macro open the file browser, so you pick the file, and the macro does the rest.
If it is named the same thing every time, then you can leave it as it is.
Can you please add this feature to the macro above. The text file I have will not be named the same every time.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Re: Macro to convert Text file into Excel file

I was referring to the Text file you are converting. Is it named the same thing every time?
If not, we can have the Macro open the file browser, so you pick the file, and the macro does the rest.
If it is named the same thing every time, then you can leave it as it is.
Hi Joe4 or anyone that can help...my macro has no problem opening text file, converting delimited fields, selecting data columns then charting and moving to another sheet then saving as an*.xls. I need help figuring out how to have the Macro open the file browser, so you pick the file and choosing the file destination where it is to be saved...

Upvote 0
Hi Joe4 or anyone that can help...my macro has no problem opening text file, converting delimited fields, selecting data columns then charting and moving to another sheet then saving as an*.xls. I need help figuring out how to have the Macro open the file browser, so you pick the file and choosing the file destination where it is to be saved...
It is usually best to post your question to a brand new thread, so everyone will see it as a new, unanswered question (that will show up on the "Unanswered threads" list), than it is to post back to an old thread (especially when you are asking about a different issue).

Upvote 0
It is usually best to post your question to a brand new thread, so everyone will see it as a new, unanswered question (that will show up on the "Unanswered threads" list), than it is to post back to an old thread (especially when you are asking about a different issue).
Thank you. I’ll take that as a no then.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I’ll take that as a no then.
No, that is not what I am saying.

It can be done, and I am sure someone would be willing to show you how. But you should post your questions to their own new threads instead of posting them on to old threads.
Many people look to the "Unanswered threads" listing to find new questions to answer. If you post to existing threads, your questions will not be seen by most people.

This question has also come up many times in the past, and there are past threads on this board which show you how to do this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back