Macro to rename each excel sheet, and save each sheet separately

iamvancleve

I consider myself to be proficient with Excel, and I've taught myself a little about Macros but there one I am having no luck on.

My Scenario:
I have an excel file with a lot of sheets, lets say 30. The sheets are named "First Last" (as in first name space last name).
I open the file, use a Macro I have created to sort the tabs in alphabetical order by first name, then use another macro to filter every tab for a text string (applicant name) in a certain column (filter cell F9).
Next I go through each sheet and save each sheet separately (as a pdf) that has content remaining after the filter. I save it as
"Last, First.pdf"
Then I close the file without saving, and repeat the process for a different text string (reference number) in a different column (filter cell H9).

What I want to do:
I want to streamline this process.
I want to open the file, and run a Macro that will rename each sheet as "Last First" (or "Last, First" if possible!) then the Macro will filter every sheet for the applicant and save each sheet separately as a pdf in a folder. And then another Macro to do the same for reference. When I currently do this, I open VBA and change the text I am searching for in the edit Macro box.

Is this possible? If so, how difficult? Where do I start?
Any help would be appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back