Making a document tracking / searchable database kind of spreadsheet

NirdyDriny

Objective :
Need to make a sheets that will serve as a document tracking and a searchable database.

Requirement :

1. I need to make a table where I will input data such as tracking number, date, client name, location, status, remarks, and others. It should be able to accommodate continuous entry.

2. In another sheet, let's say sheet 2, I need excel to automatically copy data entered from sheet 1, but sorted based on a criteria. For example, in sheet 2, I would make another table that consist all the locations entered in sheet 1, let's say, I have 5 entries. 3 of them have the same location, BLOCK A. One is BLOCK B, and the other one is BLOCK C. I would have a table with a Header named BLOCK A, and the three data I have inputted in sheet 1 having the same location will be listed there, entire row included, sorted by date if possible.

3. Lastly, in another sheet, would like to make a search bar for tracking number that will display the entire row of the data where the tracking number in sheet 1 matched.

4. If possible, I'd like to accomplish this without using external app / tool. Only using formulas and conditional formatting. Only if it is possible.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I'm not really good at excel and has been relying to Google for formulas and formatting. This time though, the project I want to do is kind of difficult for me to accomplish. Hoping for a response. Thanks! Have a good day!

Also, if you're willing to teach me more, I would really appreciate it, and I really want to learn more tips and tricks in using excel.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kshealy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back