Making a Job Schedule Application

MrRacecar59

Hey guys,

I think my title is a little vague, but I wasn't quite sure how else to word it. I'm new here and hoping to learn a lot from the people that spend their valuable time on this forum. I took a class in school on excel about 5 years ago, and I've used in on and off since then, so I have a solid foundation to build on, I just need the right guidance!

This might get a little complicated, so let me know if you need any clarification at all.

For work, I'm trying to make an excel application for scheduling service calls and jobs. I have the first table with the following columns:

A: Day of the week
B: Service Order #
C: Job Name
D: Number of Techs
E: Techs (name)
F: Notes

I have the second table which has the same columns with corresponding information. The only difference is I have included 2 columns for "Ready, Y/N" (if not waiting for parts/ materials), and "Day", indicating the day we are cleared for. Basically I want to have the sales guys fill in a line for the job details, who they want for the job, and so on. I have already set conditional formatting to turn the cells green if "Y" is placed in the "ready" section, or turn the cells red for "N".

I would like the first table to be filled automatically with the data from the second table based on the day of the week entered in the second table. Basically, type "Monday" in the second table and that line goes into a line the first table next to "Monday", and so on. As a bonus, I would set "All week" to fill one line of each day in Table 1.

Down the line, maybe I could add a "Priority" section, but everything here is considered "high priority", so it might be a little redundant. Still would be cool to know how to do that anyway.

I hope that was clear enough... If not, let me know and I will gladly clarify and provide any data needed.

I really appreciate the help and hope to hear back soon!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back