Match 2 Criteria on multiple sheet and return a value

Yvonne Ng

Board Regular
I have data sheet namely Sept, Oct.
I want to create a summary page to see how much I've been bill on that particular invoice.
I try used index and match function for multiple sheet, but not successful.

Please illustrate and advise.
Attached file for reference.

Attachments

• Oct.PNG
    Oct.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Sept.PNG
    Sept.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Summary.PNG
    Summary.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
In this way ?
=INDEX(Sept!G8:G10,MATCH(Summary!B10,Sept!E8:E10,0),MATCH(Summary!C10,Sept!F8:F10,0))+INDEX(Oct!G8:G10,MATCH(Summary!B10,Oct!E8:E10,0),MATCH(Summary!C10,Oct!F8:F10,0))

Its giving me an anawer :

#N/A​

Upvote 0
Look at your Sept sheet. Your invoice number doesn't have A in front, whereas Oct does.

Upvote 0
Look at your Sept sheet. Your invoice number doesn't have A in front, whereas Oct does.
Yes, because i want to make it as different invoice no for same client, which is my second criteria.
I might have the same client to be billed for sept and oct. but my invoice is different.
so in summary page, i suppose to get a return for sept when both B10 and C10 in summary page match, similiar for and B11 and C!1 for Oct.

Upvote 0
How about this?

Book1
EFG
7ClientInvoiceAmount
8AA12310
9EA45620
10CA67810
11A12340
12E45650
13C67830
Summary
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G8:G10G8=INDEX(Sept!$G$8:$G$10,MATCH(E8&F8,Sept!$E$8:$E$10&Sept!$F$8:$F$10,0))
G11:G13G11=INDEX(Oct!$G$8:$G$10,MATCH(E11&F11,Oct!$E$8:$E$10&Oct!$F$8:$F$10,0))

Upvote 0
my main purpose for the summary page is that I'm able to look up all the sheet on every month based on the client and invoice no given in summary.
the given formula in as shown can only look up one particular month only. but not the entire months throughout the years.
would there be a formula that based on column E and F criteria, and look up the months sheets and return the value to column G?

Upvote 0
my main purpose for the summary page is that I'm able to look up all the sheet on every month based on the client and invoice no given in summary.
the given formula in as shown can only look up one particular month only. but not the entire months throughout the years.
would there be a formula that based on column E and F criteria, and look up the months sheets and return the value to column G?
Depends on how many months you have. By your description, it's probably a lot. It is possible with a formula but can get pretty large. Easier solution would be VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back