Match multiple values, then display as a list

Kandazzle

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is able to help, as this has started to take up a lot of my time, and I'm on the verge of giving up and reverting to doing it manually.

I have a list "Services" which can have multiple "internal services" associated with them. I have the master list, and I would like to return all "internal services" against the list of my "Services". I've successfully managed to do this horizontally, but I would like to do this vertically in a list (not just transpose it).

Is there a way.

I've done an example manually below to maybe help explain what I mean:

1. The master list of all services (dishes in this case)
2. My list of which services I care about
3. The formula I used to return all internal services (ingredients in this instance) (formula was: =IF(COLUMN()-6<=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$1442,$F2),INDEX($B$2:$B$1442,MATCH($F2,$A$2:$A$1442,0)+COLUMN()-7),"") )
4. How I would like the data displayed in the end.

nlh92fL

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi,

Something like this should work,

Book1
ABCDEF
2DishIngredientsDish
3CakeFlourCake
4CakeSugarFlour
5CakeButterSugar
6BreadFlourButter
7BreadYeast 
8SoupTomato 
9SoupBasilSausage Roll 
10SoupSaltFlour
11Sausage RollFlourSausage Meat
12Sausage RollSausage MeatSalt
13Sausage RollSaltPepper
14Sausage RollPepper 
Multiple Matches
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E4{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$3,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$3:E3))),"")}
E5{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$3,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$3:E4))),"")}
E6{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$3,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$3:E5))),"")}
E7{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$3,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$3:E6))),"")}
E10{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$9:E9))),"")}
E11{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$9:E10))),"")}
E12{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$9:E11))),"")}
E13{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$9:E12))),"")}
E14{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($E$9:E13))),"")}
F8{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($F$3:F7))),"")}
F9{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$14,SMALL(IF($A$3:$A$14=$E$9,ROW($A$3:$A$14)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($F$3:F8))),"")}
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

Upvote 0
Firstly, thank you for the reply!! :)

So I may not have explained it as well as I originally thought I had. I have three columns

Master list with everything
Column 1 = Dish​
Column 2 = Ingredients

and
Column 3 = List with Dishes I care about

The format in column is what I would like, but I don't understand where it needs to source the lookup values from, to run against Column 1 & 2.

When I try it as is, I don't get any results.

Apologies if I've misunderstood something here

thanks

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to achieve,
Maybe post an example of what you would like the result to look like.

The example I gave you needs to be entered using Ctrl-Shift-Enter as its an array formula and work wont in the usual way

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jest

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back