Merging 2 Reports together

Eyrinn

Hi There,
I am in need of help. I have been working on this issue for quite some time and I am just not experienced enough in Programming with VBA to complete my task.

I have to merge 2 worksheets together in one workbook.
The first sheet is a Bill of Materials - Titled BOM - Sheet 1
the second sheet is the daily materials report I would paste into it - Titled Materials Sheet - Sheet 2

My first step would be to Delete all the columns on the materials sheet (Sheet 2) that are no longer needed for the merge. The ones need to have deleted are Sheet 2 - Columns A-P, S-U, W,Y, AC-AE, AG, AJ-AM (Keeping only Columns Q-P,V, X, Z-AB, AF, and , AH - AI Which are then moved to Columns A - J)

I then need to be able to Take the Column with the materials part number (A) in the materials Sheet (Sheet - 2) and go into the BOM Sheet (Sheet 1) to Column B (CT Part#) and try to match the materials part numbers.

If the material numbers match, I need to have the remaining data From Materials Sheet (Sheet 2) Columns B-J moved to the end of each matching Material row in the BOM Sheet (Sheet 1). Those would be columns BB - BJ. So if a material number matches a material number in Row 8 the remaining data in the Materials Sheet (Sheet 2 columns B-J) would be moved to Row 8 Cells BB-BJ

Then, The Material Numbers that do not match needs to be added to the end of the list. So if the List stops at row 858 the non matching material numbers would be entered into Cell B859 and the Remaining data for that materials would be entered into Cells BB859 -BJ859.

the challenging part is this will be used for many projects and the BOM data will not always be the same. there will be different amount of rows.

the same with the Materials Sheet.
Please let me know if I can give more info as I do have templates in excel already created. I just don't think i can upload them to the forum.

Please let me know if you can help :)
thank you so much for your help :)

Erin Motil

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macro_learner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back