Microsoft Access Issues

grizzfan

At work I had Access 2016, but do to some compatibility issues with my other Microsoft Office programs that were 2013, IT uninstalled all my Microsoft Office. They reloaded Microsoft Office 2013 with Access. So now all my Microsoft Office is 2013. Since they did this, I have two issues.

The first issue: When I try to "Linked Table Manager", I get this message:

The wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard. If you do not have permission to do this on your computer, please contact your help desk representative.

The second issue: When I click "Import Excel Spreadsheet" and select the spreadsheet that I want to bring in, when I press "Ok" I get this error message:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled.

I have tried to research the issue and don't have any answers. IT does not know...

If anyone can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I think the key thing is in the error itself:

Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed

Which leads me to believe that it wasn't installed when IT reinstalled the 2013 edition. Find out if it's not because of a version difference as in "Small Business Edition" or "Professional Edition" sorts of issues.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back