Microsoft Office 16.0 Object Library

Pauljj

Afternoon all,

I have several files that open perfectly on my machine but when a few others open, it causes theirs to crash. The file is set up in office 2016 and the person who is having the problem is using Office 2015.

I notice in my project library that I have Microsoft Office 16.0 Object Library. Whereas they have Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Library

Would this be the possible cause of the crash ?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
More likely, it is because they are missing a Library Reference.
Make sure that they have the same number of library references selected as you do.
Sometimes, you might have to select a similar one (like 15.0 instead of 16.0).
Most of the time, that should work (unless you have used some new functionality that was just added in 16.0).

Upvote 0
What precisely happens on their system? You say crash. As in a true application crash and shutdown? or does the macro cause a runtime error or a compile error?

Upvote 0
I have 2 spreadsheets that are causing problems, one had a macro on it, a simple one that emails the document off to other users, this one flagged up as a missing project or library, however before when I have seen this error, I clicked on OK to identify the missing reference, with this one, as soon as I click OK, the egg timer appears and just remains there, blocking me from doing anything with the spreadsheet. If I open it in protected view it opens without an issue. So I have remedied it for the short term by disabling the macro

The second spreadsheet doesn't show any errors, again an egg timer that never goes.

When I open both of these workbooks on my computer, they open without any problems

Upvote 0
I would try opening the file on a system which has 2010, fixing it there (the references) and saving it there. You must always develop your spreadsheets on the oldest version of Office that is to be used.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back